The Lunch with Leaders program is an opportunity for students to have lunch and informal discussion with an out, LGBTQ-identified community leader who briefly shares their personal story, how they came to terms with their identity, how they have balanced their identity with other aspects of their life, and how their identity has affected their career path.
2017 - 2018 Lunch with Leaders Dates
Lunch with Leaders is held in Adinkra Hall, within Memorial Hall, from 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM.
September 1, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 3, 2017
February 2, 2018
March 2, 2018
April 6, 2018
Previous Lunch with Leaders Speakers:
- Dr. Dawn D. Bennett-Alexander, UGA Associate Professor of Employment Law & Legal Studies
- Joan Prittie, Executive Director of Project Safe
- Annette Hatton, Former Managing Editor of the Georgia Review
- Meg Evans, Director of the LGBT Resource Center
- Dr. Ken Jackson, Head Professional School Counselor (Decatur High School)
- Joselyn Leimbach, Lecturer with the Institute for Women's Studies at UGA
- Dr. Justin Lavner, Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology and an affiliate faculty member in the Institute for Women’s Studies at UGA.
- Dr. Kadesha Evans, Director of Nursing Advantage Behavioral Health Systems (Athens, GA)
- Dr. Anneliese A. Singh, Associate Professor and Associate Dean of Diversity and Equity in the College of Education at UGA.