2013 Lavender Graduation
2013 Annette Hatton Scholarship Award
Annette Hatton, managing editor of The Georgia Review at the University of Georgia for over 22 years, founded GLOBES in 1994 and also helped to start Athens Pride in 1998. She served as the chair of GLOBES until 2008.
The purpose of this award is to honor Annette’s dedication and contributions and will be given annually at the LGBT Resource Center’s Lavender Graduation. The award comes with a scholarship of up to $1000 and will recognize an undergraduate student for his or her remarkable commitment to service in the LGBT community.
1. One undergraduate scholarship will be awarded to a full-time student currently attending UGA.
2. Applicants must demonstrate impactful leadership towards service in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community
3. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher, must have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at UGA and must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours in Spring 2013 semester.
4. Each applicant must submit the following application materials to be considered (incomplete packets will not be considered):
5. Each applicant is encouraged to register and attend the LGBT Resource Center’s Lavender Graduation on Saturday, April 27 at 2pm in Memorial Ballroom. Please register at http://lgbtcenter.uga.edu/
6. Applications and supporting documents may be scanned and submitted electronically to email@example.com or mailed to: Annette Hatton Scholarship Award c/o Ms. Ricky Roberts, University of Georgia, 137 Myers Hall, Athens, Georgia 30602
7. All materials (application, transcript, and recommendations) must be received or postmarked by Monday, April 1, 2013.
8. The final selection process may require an interview with members of the Scholarship Selection Panel. The scholarship recipient will be notified by Monday, April 15, 2013.
All eligible students are encouraged to apply for the Annette Hatton Scholarship Award, sponsored by GLOBES (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Faculty & Staff Organization at UGA).
For additional information, please contact: Ms. Ricky Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center | The University of Georgia
221 Memorial Hall | Athens, Georgia 30602-3108 | Phone: 706-542-4077